The Ferro E-MX front suspension upgrade by EXT Racing Shox features an upside-down, 36mm stanchions fork for premium performance. Developed for minimum friction and high stiffness, the EXT Ferro E-MX 36mm USD Fork is among the top fork upgrades for Sur-Ron / Segway electric motorbikes.
Equipped with chrome-moly steel stanchions heat-treated with Superfinish, 7000-series aluminum construction upper legs, and a 205mm travel design with a dedicated triple clamp – the Ferro E-MX Fork will surely boost the performance of your Sur-Ron or Segway bike.
EXT Ferro E-MX Fork Features
- Dual crown inverted MX design (USD)
- 36mm hard-chromed steel stanchions (heat-treated 42CrMo4) with Superfinish surface treatment
- HS3 3-twin positive air system + 1 large negative self-balancing air chamber (optimum support for all travel)
- High flow 3-way cartridge damper system with independent high & low speed compression + rebound damping adjustment
- Superfinish inner tube coating
- External pressure air release system on both legs
- Twin hexagonal floating axle, boost compatible 20mm
- Air spring and cartridge radial guide system with bespoke aeronautical seals (minimize friction on side loads)
- Large piston design for best damping control and separate IFP/coil energized compression valve
- No cavitation and low hysteresis
- Self-hydraulic cartridge bleeding
- Dedicated Mobile Sliding DU guiding system with super-long static overlap (for maximum guidance and best torsional rigidity). (CGB Continuously Guided Bushing system, increase stiffness)
- 205 mm of travel and 44 mm offset
- 200 mm post mount brake
- Weight: 4000gr
- Pressure release one-way valves on both legs
- Compatible with stock fender design
- Boost Hub Spacing for more flexibility with after market wheel sets.
NOTE: If you are running a stock wheel or a wheel that is not specifically designed for use with BOOST hubs you will need to install a rotor adapter.
EXT Ferro E-MX Fork Structure
Dual Crown Structure: The robust double crown design in 7075 aluminum ensures maximum stiffness. Crown design is compatible with stock fender designs.
Sliding Bushings: A low-friction solution was used to enhance smoothness and sensitivity. The dedicated DU guiding system made with an extra-long bushing overlap to ensure optimal guidance and torsional rigidity of the stanchions (aka CGB, Continuously Guided Bushing system). This also helps to increase dynamic stiffness.
Wheel Axle: Twin hexagonal head floating wheel axle guarantees perfect wheel alignment, while assuring maximum torsional rigidity.
HS3 Technology: The FERRO USD 36 fork uses the HS3 technology. HS3 is a unique hybrid air spring system focused on mid-stroke support in dynamic sag position while offering excellent sensitivity and bottom-out protection. Using two separate positive air chambers, HS3 technology works with one high-volume self-equalizing negative air chamber.
High Flow Damper Cartridge: The FERRO USD 36 inherits the best technologies from the ERA V2 and adopts an innovative radial floating shaft guide in the damper cartridge. The Superfinish surface treatment uses new aeronautical seals that reduces friction to the minimum. EXT high-volume cartridge uses a high flow piston to generate control for your bike, an important performance upgrade for riding. The large piston design allows the best damping control. The cartridge is also equipped with a bump valve design (HDRV – High Dynamic Response Valve) with 2 different shim stacks for mid and high speed and an Internal Floating Piston (IFP) guided and combined with a bespoke thrust bearing to enhance fast response and guidance.
The goal is to find a balance between all the internal cartridge pressures and through a long development process made possible by EXT’s optimization of the internal forces reaching low values of hysteresis and no cavitation.